Subject: Re: I.V. Methylprednisolone

From: [email-masked] (TAPSYCON4U)
Date: 1 Jun 1997 00:20:20 GMT

I've been on it a few times. It definately stopped progression for me. It
breaks up my sleep pattern when and after I'm on it, I can count on about
a month of sh, crappy sleep, real creappy for two or three weeks- 2 hrs,
than 1 hr. than 1/2 hr and then maybe another 1/2 and that's it, for a few
weeks. But the good news is, it works. I've been on betaseron for about
two years but that in itself was not keeping me from declining. Then I
switched to an MS expert Dr & professor at Wake Forest U. who was the
first Neurologist of three who knew to do it, and he didn't weait a
minute. So the 3 years prior, my mri SHOWED A 200%-300% INCREASE in crease
in lesion burden. Since I've started the use of high dose steriods, only
upon exaserbation, the MRI one year later showed 0% increase! So for me it
works. The secret however, is you have to catch the exaserbation with the
high dose steriods within two or three days max, otherwise the inflamed
part of the nervous system attracts them antibodies which eat the mylin.
That's why HIGH does steriods work well, they are a very powerful
antiinflamatory. And my doctor tells me that an exaserbation starts with
inflamation of the nervous system that can be stopped before damage occurs
with attack on mylen. He's got a Ph.D. in neurology besides being the top
MS specialist in the South East. He runs experiements for Berlex and all.
If you have any questions for me, e-mail me at [email-masked]. I hope that
gives you some basics of what I know. You might also want to visit my Web
Page at http://members.aol.com/TAPSYCON4U.
I'm a psychologist and do programs and stuff on MS, as well as some
consulting stuff. I should have some stuff in there soon about MS, Stress
& Emotion, after I finich reading up on it. There does seem to be a
connection in what I've read so far. But most doctors aren't up on stuff,
and stress, well it's so hard to define.
See ya. Tom Anderson