Subject: ms&raising a family

From: Karen Hedland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:03:46 -0800

I couldn't decide who to reply to so this is just a general reassurance.
Susan indicated her oldest was 5. So was mine. I also had a 3 yr. old and
my youngest was 3 months. I had had a fling with optic neuritis and some
other limb problems. The doc said gout.??//

A month later I completely lost my eyesight and had a bunch of violent
symptoms. They got me out of Alaska to Minn cuz no one knew what was wrong.

But that was 26 years ago. I came back after a few months and was able to
cope quite well until my kids were in high school. Three teenagers fought
over my car,but kids are amazing. Through the years they had watched the
progression to a cane,crutch,walker and finally the wheelchair. They
understood that I worked at a job that wasn't physical and hired people to
help with physical jobs. Thank God for a supportive husband who could do
the physical activities with them.

Today these kids are all college grads who have learned to fught like their
mom. They got over trying to do things for me almost to the point of
bugging me when they said "Come on Mom. You can do it."

But you can raise a family. If you ever patent the formila for patience at
having to wait for kids to do things at the speed you want instead of their
speed,you could be rich.

Good luck.

Karen in Alaska