Subject: Re: IVIG

From: Carol Crandall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:21:55 -0500

Ann,

I am not currently using immunoglobulin. The treatment course for it was
5 days inpatient IV IG initially and then once every other month on an
outpatient basis for one year.  The inital 5 days that I had the IVIG as
an inpatient, I also was given 20 doses of IV SoluMedrol.  I took the IVIG
along with an oral chemotherapy drug, Imuran.  I am still taking the Imuran.

It has stabilized the progress to where I am not having exacerbations as
frequently as I was.  I still have them, but just not as frequent.  It
does not undo any damage that has previously occurred.

I am thankful that I don't have the exacerbations as frequent as I
was.

I hope this has helped you.  If you have any other questions, please feel
free to ask.  I will try to answer them for you, but you must remember
that I am by no means an expert.  Carol

Carol Crandall, ART, RRA
[email-masked]

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Ann Manasreh wrote:

> Hello Carol,
>
> I think I remember that you are using immunoglobin.  How is that going?
>  We'd all love to hear about that.
>
> Ann
>