Subject: Re: Experience with Cytoxan and other Chemotherapy agents

From: Carol Crandall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:01:17 -0500

I have had the experience of having Cytoxan.  I was on Cytoxan for a
period of 9 months.  It was terrible.  The only good thing about it was
that I lost some weight that I needed to lose.  I was sick at my stomach
frequently while taking the Cytoxan.  My veins have gotten so bad from
all the blood drawn and all the blood taken for bloodwork that I actually
have knots in the veins.

I was so sick from the Cytoxan one month that they had to admit me to the
hospital for three days.  I couldn't even keep 7-Up down.  I had
dehydrated when they admitted me.

I went through the hell of this drug for 9 months only to be finally
taken off of it because it was not helping the MS at all.  My heart
definitely goes out to cancer patients who take a much higher dose than
what I was given.  I was really glad to get off of that "poison".

I am still taking an oral chemo drug, Imuran, but it only has an
occasional effect of making me slightly nauseated.  It isn't anything
that I can't handle.

I wish you the best of luck.  Carol

Carol Crandall, ART, RRA
[email-masked]