Subject: Re: Cytoxan

From: [email-masked] (Al Mangarelli)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 01:16:23 GMT

Brigham & Womens Clinical MS Unit still uses Cytoxan as procedure in
cpms in a modified form. Dr. David Hafler improved it's functionality
and many patients in the uniit have been successfully using it for
years now. many have not progressed. 

However it's still a prety heavy duty way to go.

Al
---

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 18:50:35 GMT, [email-masked] (Carolyn C.
Zimmer) wrote:

>Jackie Ferguson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>kenneth.quinn wrote:
>>Well ... yes and no.  I haven't actually read the latest studies, but I
>>heard that Cytoxan proved to be no better than the controls.  It was
>>Howard Weiner, MD, the MS Guru from Boston who did a well known study @
>>15 years ago that showed promise for Cytoxan (an "old" cancer drug and
>>powerful immunosuppressant) ... this was disproved by a study which I
>>think was done in Canada.
>
>Cytoxan was the immunosupressant of choice a few years ago.  They are
>now using Immurex (or Immuran or something like that) more.  Only for
>the progressives (either CP or 2P).
>
>Z
>
>http://www.mindspring.com/~cczimmer/
>+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>+ Carolyn C. Zimmer       | "I've been warped by the rain,               |
>+ Duluth, GA              |  driven by the snow, I'm drunk and dirty,    |
>+ [email-masked] |  don't you know, But I'm still...willin'"    |
>+ STANDARD DISCLAIMER     |                               Lowell George  |
>+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>