Subject: Re: cladribine

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:49:37 GMT

"mcooper" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I'm taking cladribine and would like to write to anyone else who is or has
>taken it.

>					Mel Cooper

I've been taking it for 4 months. My dose is .07 mg./kg by
subcutaneous injection once a day for five days.  I repeat this every
4 weeks.  I would have been due for my fifth cycle but my doctor
decided against it based on my lymphocyte count.  He said it was
already low enough.

I beleive the progression of my MS has slowed considerably since I
began treatment. I may even have stabilized.  I consider this notable
considering the rate of progression in the year before I began
treatment.    So far I haven't noticed any obvious reversal or
improvement in symptoms.  But, if cladribine has indeed stabilized me
and keeps me stable, it was well worth the expense and effort.

 I was taking methotrexate for 9 months prior to the cladriibine.  As
far a I could tell it was no help, I could easily see progression on a

monthly basis.

Prior to the methotrexate I was  on BetaSeron for 2 years  It seemed
to slow the progression for a while.  Whereas, the cladribine seems to
be halting progression.

Can you let me know more about your experiences.

Ed  Costa