Subject: Re: Beta for Chron Prog?

From: [email-masked] (Dan Ellsweig (Enterprise Management))
Date: 29 Jan 1997 12:00:40 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Constance P. Beck) writes:
|> Ann,
|> 
|> Thanks so much for sharing your experience with betaseron. I still don't know
|> how to make this decision, especially after reading the comments from Lyndsy
|> in Madison about three mser's who are no longer walking after trying beta or
|> avonex.....
|> 
|> Well, it figures that not only do we have to deal with the uncertainties of
|> our ms, but the vagaries of various therapies.  My, this is a challenging
|> experience!
|> 
|> Constance

Greetings

I have some personal experience with betaseron and CPMS. 

My wifes neuro got her in the program early on as she was still
ambulitory. We followed the betaseron regimin for a year and a half.
The MS continued to progress and there was no indication that the
betaseron was effecting the progression of the disease.

Personally, it is not worth the cost or the effort. 

Dan
-- 
******************************************************************************
Dan Ellsweig    **   Salomon Inc.               **  [email-masked]
                **   Route 3   Rutherford, N.J. **  (201) 896-6162
                **   Enterprise Management      **  (800) 800-7759 PIN 221370
******************************************************************************