Subject: Re: Trauma - Experiences / information request

From: [email-masked] (Aapo Halko)
Date: 3 Feb 1997 16:46:23 +0200

When I was five years old (1968) I fell from the upper bed on my head. The
drop was 150cm. I was two weeks in hospital after that.

When I was 15 (1979) I experienced my first ms symptoms: numbness in hands
and legs. I had a lesion in the spinal chord. These symptoms subsided in
three months.

In 1986 I had Uhthoff's symptom, a gray area in the vision during
exercise.  

In 1990 left arm and leg started to get spastic progressively. From 1993
also my right side started the same progression. Again these symptoms are
caused by a lesion in the spinal chord.

I have always been heat sensitive. I have had no problems with my bladder. 
I have no relatives with ms.

My guess is that the trauma made a 'hole' for ms to get in. Without it I
could be healthy.

-- 
Aapo Halko  <[email-masked]>              *         |_
     http://www.helsinki.fi/~ahalko/ms.html       *    ___  O o
A www page that collects MS links on the Internet.*