Subject: Off of Avonex

From: [email-masked] (Doug Geller)
Date: 19 Jan 1997 22:51:23 GMT

After 6 months of once-a-week playing doctor and self administering Avonex 
the verdict is in. 
I've been progressing at least as fast as I was prior to starting Avonex. And 
the use of Avonex might have sped up the progression a hair... who knows. I 
know I was off the day of/day after drug administration.

I know I can't do simple things anymore like getting my butt off the toilet 
after a dump. I used to have no problem with that. Even standing long enough 
to get my pants up has become a problem.

At least my concern with needles is as thing of the past. Subcutaneous vs 
IM...  who cares?? A half-inch needle versus an inch and half needle?? Who 
cares?? They're both cake. Exeedingly simple. Like a game of darts. Painless 
and inconsequential.

It's the MS that's scaring me now. Time for Copaxane I guess. My neuro's 
scared of Cladribine.
 
     _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/ _/       _/       _/_/_/
   _/        _/       _/       _/      _/
  _/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/   _/       _/      _/_/_/
 _/   _/   _/       _/       _/           _/
 _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/
                Doug Geller
            [email-masked]