Subject: I am PhD

From: [email-masked] (Aapo Halko)
Date: 3 Dec 1996 20:49:24 +0200

Hello,

This is a re-intro. I am 33 years old male. I am a mathematician, my
dissertation was September 14th 1996. I got my PhD papers last Friday. I am
married, I have two daughters 6 and 1.5 years old.

My first MS symptoms were numbness in hands and legs. I was symptom-free until
1990. Then gradually my left side has become spastic. From 1993 my right
leg and hand started the same progression. My Kurtzke number is currently:

7.5 - Unable to take more than a few steps, restricted to wheelchair, may
need aid in transfer, wheels self but may require motorized chair for full
day's activities

So I have secondary progressive ms. My medication has been several (12)
3-day methylprednisolon pulses during last two years. I stopped
azathioprine last August since I will participate cladribine trial next
February. My spasticity is treated with tizanidine: 5 times 6mg/day.

I started to read alt.support.mult-sclerosis from
the beginning. It was 1993, I think.
I maintain a www site devoted mainly to ms research:

MS Crossroads
http://www.helsinki.fi/~ahalko/ms.html

-- 
Aapo Halko  <[email-masked]>              *         |_
     http://www.helsinki.fi/~ahalko/ms.html       *    ___  O o
A www page that collects MS links on the Internet.*