Subject: Re: MS and Lyme Disease

From: deebee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:16:09 -0400

>In alt.support.mult-sclerosis, Jim <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Does anyone know of the research of a Dr. Joseph which implies a link
>between the two diseases?? Apparently all 40 of his MS test subjects
>responded to antibiotic therapy...is this bull or is there info out
>there that is new (to me maybe)?
>Rgds JimW

I may be all wet with this reply since I've never heard of Dr. Joseph.
However, when my daughter was dx'd w/MS 5 yrs. ago, she was also dx'd
w/Lyme.  Under normal circumstances, she would not have been treated for the
Lyme because her titre was only slightly elevated, something apparently
common to about 60% of the population in our area (Long Island).  Since
neurological symptoms were involved and since optic neuritis (her sx) can
also be the result of Lyme, they wanted to eliminate the possibility of the
Lyme involvement, so Jennie was treated aggressively with antibiotics.  She
received 21 days of Rocephin, IV to treat the Lyme and oral steroids to
treat the ON symptoms.  She has since had some major exacerbations ranging
from ON to severe vertigo to Bell's Palsey.
Don't know what antibiotic therapy Dr. Joseph uses, but I *do* know that
Jen's did nothing for her MS.
Take care.
P.

-+++- -+++- -+++- -+++- -+++- -+++-
                     PamY
Some days you're the pigeon and
some days you're the statue.
                      :-)
-+++- -+++- -+++- -+++- -+++- -+++-