Subject: Cladribine

From: [email-masked] (Richard Long)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 19:12:26 GMT

I personally am having excellent results with sub-cutaneous Cladribine

(Leustatin) injections. 

I think my cpMS had been progressing so quickly this spring that I
would have been lying immobilein a nursing home by now if it wasn't
for this drug.

It hasn't cured my cpMS, or undone much damage to my ravaged body, but
the drug has done what it is supposed to do.

And that is just halt the MS. For how long, I don't really know.
Hopefully a few years. And I also hope one of the new treatments will
be available then.

I'll bet when the trial results come out that they are positive.

Thank God for the internet! And thank god for huge multinational drug
companies. (Actually, I'm not too certain about that thank you.)

My GP is so impressed he's arranging to send me to a rehabilitation
centre. I've never heard of anyone with cpMS being rehabilitated
before, usually it was assumed that nothing could be done,the
disease would quickly erase any gains made through physiotherapy.

Please remember that my views are HIGHLY subjective on what is
happening to me.

Regards,

Richard

Burnaby, B.C.
Canada