Subject: Betaseron Good News

From: [email-masked] (SnowBL)
Date: 16 Oct 1996 15:03:07 -0400

I'm disapointed with people who discourage the use of MS drugs like
Betaseron without prefacing that each individual is different and the
outcomes are not all the same.  I've taken Betaseron SUCCESSFULLY for 2
1/2 years with very little side effects, struck a complete remission and
my recent MRI shows NO NEW plaques.  As a matter of fact, it showed
rejuventated meylin.  My nuero gave me the best advice on taking the drug
and I will share this with you.  Start off with very small doses.  Do not
start with the entire 1cc injection intially.  Just like an allergy
patient slowly becomes desesitized to the allergen compound in their
syringe, so must we. It took me 4 months to work up to the entire dose,
but I never became sick, my injection sites were minimal and I feel GREAT.
 I knew a little Betaseron was better than no Betaseron until I could work
up to the full dose.  With the release of Avonex, I know we all ahve two
choices in Interferon therapy.  Please just remember you do have options
available and don't let someone's horror story or a cranky nuero impede
your right to try something that may work for you.  I've been so happy on
Betaseron.  Three years ago when I was diagnosed, I was paralyzed from the
waist down, in the wheelchair and partially blind with optic nuritis. 
TODAY I just finished 4 miles on the treadmill.  I'm so thankful for
Betaseron and the impact it has had on my life and I appreciate the
efforts of the scientific community.  I'll stay positive and know I've
made the best choice for me.  Best wishes and may you stay as healthy as
possible.

Thanks,
Brenda Snow
[email-masked]