Subject: Re: Solumedrol/beta interferons

From: [email-masked] (Dan Ellsweig (Enterprise Management))
Date: 18 Nov 1996 18:20:24 GMT

Greetings

Just wanted to pass my experiences with both solumedrol and beta i.

My wife Jean (CPMS, DG'd 13 years) was put on a regimin of 2 weeks
in hospital with IV solumedrol and 1 week oral (at home). The first
year we did this the results were fantastic. For months afterward
the results were still evident. The second year we did this the results
were good but not as good as the first time. The third year we did
this there was no improvment. We discontinued the solumedrol
after this experience as the hospital stay was not worth the results.

Jean was also one of the first lottery patients to get betaseron.
At that time she was walking (with a cane or lofstrom (sp?) crutches.
She took betaseron for over a year and the disease continued to progress.
We saw no decrease in the rate of the progression so we discontinued
after about a year and a half.

These drugs may work for some of you but eventually reality will
prevail and the disease will continue to progress

Good luck

Dan

-- 
******************************************************************************
Dan Ellsweig    **   Salomon Inc.               **  [email-masked]
                **   Route 3   Rutherford, N.J. **  (201) 896-6162
                **   Enterprise Management      **  (800) 800-7759 PIN 221370
******************************************************************************