Subject: Neurocrine Biosciences

From: Irwin Mortman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:07:48 -0500

~From: "Michael Watkins"  <[email-masked]>
To: "Autoimmune Research" <[email-masked]>
~Subject: Company Financial Reports
~Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 14:27:27 EST
~Reply-to: [email-masked]
~Sender: [email-masked]

"In July, we reached another major corporate milestone and initiated
clinical trials for our lead compound, NBI-5788, a novel therapeutic peptide
vaccine for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS).  This compound is being
developed in collaboration with Ciba-Geigy as part of a strategic alliance
formed in May of this year and is expected to enter Phase II clinical trials
for the treatment of MS in 1997," added Lyons.

Neurocrine Biosciences is a leading neuroimmunology company focused on the
discovery and development of novel therapeutics to treat diseases and
disorders of the central nervous and immune system such as anxiety,
depression, Alzheimer's disease, obesity, and multiple sclerosis.

Irwin Mortman
Voice 513-891-7359
FAX    513-891-8186
E-Mail [email-masked]
Cincinnati, OH