Subject: Re: Cladribine

From: [email-masked] (Richard Long)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 01:59:39 GMT

Finished Second Course

I've just completed the second of six courses of subcutaneous
injections, so I don't really have
much to report. 
I'm hopeful that when I'm finished at least I won't be worse for a few
years.

I wanted IV, but agreed on subcutaneous as I was getting desperate.

I'm paying for it myself, and believe me, it is quite expensive! $3700
(Cdn) x 3.
Only side effect I've noticed is I get very sleepy [not fatigued, just
very sleepy] several times during
the day. But apparently this is a common problem with most
chemotherapy. Other than that, no
problems. I don't think my MS has worsened, but my opinions are pretty
biased!

[email-masked] (Aapo Halko) wrote:

>In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Richard Long) writes:

>>>I started a course of subcutaneous Cladribine (Leustatin) last night.
>>>I wondered if anyone else had tried it.

>Hi

>Cladribine trials will probably start here in Finland at the beginning of
>1997. I may participate the trial. So I am interested in your experiences. 

>-- 
>Aapo Halko  <[email-masked]>              *         |_
>     http://www.helsinki.fi/~ahalko/ms.html       *    ___  O o
>A www page that collects MS links on the Internet.*