Subject: Re: Clinical trial????

From: Robert Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 23:15:07 -0500

>It seems I may have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial of
>Betaseron for secondary progressive MS, which is what they say I have......
>
>I thought I would throw this out for comments as I consider this.
>Eric Weinberg
>[email-masked]

if betaseron can lessen attacks by frequncy and severity of about 35% for r/r
that may mean it could provide some help also in secondary ms.

i would not want to speculate as to what the results will be but anything
at all would be beneficial.

i have had at least 3 attacks min  per year in the last 3 years

so now i have been on beta for about 7 months,,only side effect is red
blotches on abdomen shots only,,nothin on my thigh shots,,and head aches
too,,which i have never ever had in my life.

its like 7 months without an attack,,my bronchitis air intake problem has
not been dxed,,as of yet,,its a mystery thing.

so i feel for me that following my disease course with definite frequncy
documentation over the last 3 years that going 7 months on beta,,my lat
attack was january,,and nothjing since,,the beta seems to be helping stall
any further attacks.

now maybe this was my ms course,,but the last attack was severe bilateral
transverse myelitis,,,,it was really bad.

in canada,,betaseron is the only game in town now,,til we get avonex,,and
rebif cleared for sale!!!

also if you take part in the clinical trial,,they continue to give you the
betaseron in canada forever,,for free!!!!

i say i hope you get accepted,,

best of luck !!!
bob