Subject: Copaxone experience

From: Susan Struthers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 15:18:02 +0200

I would like to second Mark Cummings' message about Copaxone experience, as
my experience is similar.  I have been taking it since Dec. '93 and have
similar results to report.  At first, the tiredness was gone and as late as
last fall my energy level was up.  However, progression of the MS was never
halted -- I was subjected to batterys of tests [all the usual except MRI]
annually, but they have only showed downsliding lately, although at first
they remained the same.
        There have been no side effects, but neither are there primary
effects anymore, it seems.  I wonder if I should stop awhile.

~Date:    Mon, 26 Aug 1996 10:07:58 -0600
~From:    Mark Cummings <[email-masked]>
~Subject: Re: Copaxone information

I started on Cop-1 in November of 95.  At first I noticed an immediate
improvement in symptoms (more energy, less spasticity, greater
physical endurance). Of the four of us in my neuro's research group, I
was the only  one with these positive results. I did not expect it, as
I had been on Betaseron for 10 months with no positive results. These
improvements have since subsided, and I seem to be stuck in the old
secondary-progressive rut. If the Cop-1 is helping me, I don't know.
I'm 37, dx'd in 1988. I walk slowly with a pronounce limp, fall over
easily, have bowel incontinency and bladder hesitancy, and weak right
eye vison. My symptoms are relatively consistant. All I can hope for
with the Cop-1 is a slight braking of the downhill slide, and it's a
$700/month gamble. On the bright side, I have experienced no adverse
side effects, and it is extremely well tolerated. I would encourage it
as a benign alternative to Avonex or Betaseron, especially for those
who are intolerant of the interferon drugs. Good luck, and stay in
touch.
--

Aloha,
Mark

Susan Struthers
email: [email-masked]    fax: +39 461 314591