Subject: Re: Cladribine

From: LaVonne <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 1996 04:15:36 GMT

Hi part of the gang

I have not used Cladribine myself but live in San Diego where the 
testing is being done.  Yes, they are still studying the large 
group at Scripps Clinic and other sites around the country.  The 
study is being overseen by Dr Sipe.  I have had contact with many 
of the people who were in the small test.

In addition, there are a couple of neurologists in the community 
using Cladribine on those chronic progressives who are in rapid 
decline or having lots of new symptoms and have not had success 
with more conventional treatment.  Like all other treatments for 
MS, some are having no noticable positive effects and some are 
having remarkable improvement.  Like one is able to again use a 
walker and has not walked for a little more than a year.  She did 
keep her muscles and ligaments and tendons in shape by exercising 
though.  No matter what else goes wrong, this is important 
because nothing will work if the parts are dammaged for lack of 
use.

Sometimes the Cladribine does no more than stop progression for a 
while.  But when you live with this disease, even this is 
progress for some.

Good luck with your personal trial of this drug!

                                L.